7-day High-altitude Wellness Retreat in Colorado
Credit to Michelle Dixon for many of these great photographs[scmBannerSlider-27680]
June 3 (arrival) - June 11th (departure), 2024 (7 days; 8 nights)
Who is the teacher?
Sasha Yakovleva, Advanced Buteyko Specialist and a founder of the Buteyko Breathing Center will lead this retreat.
Dr. Jesse Steinberg and Ola Lugowska, Advanced Buteyko Specialists, will also offer their services.
The retreat theme:
The yogic path of seven chakras.
This retreat will take place in Vajra Vidya Retreat Center located in Crestone, CO (8,500 feet elevation).
In the Sangre De Cristo mountains, the first week of June is a time of purity, rejuvenation, and renewal when the snow on the peaks is melting, the streams are running full, and the desert begins thriving. More info about the location and even more info
What to expect:
- Every element of this retreat is built around the Sacred Breath to boost your CO2, vitality, or prana. This retreat will help you move closer to achieving optimal levels of breathing, health, and well-being. You will learn how to listen to your Breath - your ultimate guru and health coach.
- The indoor sessions will take place in the magnificent meditation room of the Tibetan Buddhist Center.
- The outdoor sessions will take place in pure nature, where you can enjoy beautiful views of the vast San Luis Valley and the surrounding Sangre De Cristo Mountains. We will explore various trails, spend time by the lively streams, visit natural hot springs and sand dunes.
- The rarefied mountain air (8,500-9,000 feet elevation) is supportive of Dr. Buteyko's training of reduced breathing and, by simply staying in this area, you will be immersed into practicing it. In addition to using nasal breathing 24/7, participants will do various breathing exercises daily.
- During this retreat, participants will experience profound stillness. We will spend at least 2/3rd of most days in silence, creating a nourishing environment for transformation and insight.
- We will practice meditation, chanting, yoga, pilgrimage, and use other CO2 boosters. The retreat schedule is packed with interesting activities.
- Q&A sessions and talks will help participants understand basic as well as the most profound and sacred aspects of the Buteyko method.
- Free private Sessions with Sasha Yakovleva are included.
- Free daily sessions of Buteyko Yoga with Ola Lugowska are included.
- Chiropractic adjustments with Dr. Jesse Steinberg (an additional charge)
- In the evenings, participants will have an opportunity to spend time with each other and with fascinating guests. We will enjoy inspiring and enriching discussions about sacred breath, spirituality, health, nature, and other topics conducive to personal and collective evolution. Experiential learning will play a significant role as well.
Who is this retreat for?
This retreat is for people who are familiar with the Buteyko Breathing Method and those who aspire to learn or master it. Beginners and practitioners of all levels are welcome.
If you are not familiar with the method, please watch Buteyko Breathing Step-by-step video course before arriving at the retreat center.
The full price includes:
Teachings and practice, a room, three organic vegan/vegetarian meals daily, and all retreat activities. Please keep in mind that only 15 rooms are available. To make sure that you have a room, register now!
All activities help to understand and implement the Buteyko vitality-boosting lifestyle. There will be many interesting activities such as daily mountain hikes, a pilgrimage to a sacred power place, a trip to natural hot springs and Great Sand Dunes national park, sound baths, yoga and chi gong sessions, Tempering and many, many others. More information
Other accommodation options:
Commuter option ($999):
You are welcome to arrange your own accommodations in the area and join the retreat daily by commuting to the retreat center. You are responsible for making your own arrangements and arriving on time for all the events. All meals are included!
You are welcome to book the Stupa Cottage if still available.
1. Travel by our van:
We will have a van available at DIA (Denver International Airport) to assist in transportation to Crestone, CO, the afternoon of the first day of the retreat. We are planning on leaving Denver at 1 pm, and arriving in Crestone at about 5 pm. This will give the participants a little time to settle in before dinner at 6 pm. The first session is scheduled at 7.15 pm that evening.
The participants also will be transported back to DIA on the morning of the last day, arriving at the airport at noon. Please plan your flights accordingly, leaving time for check-in and for security.
Our shared cost for renting the van will be $130 per person. We will send you a PayPal invoice for this amount – you can pay it by PP or any debit or credit card.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan on using our van or prefer to use your own transportation. We suggest booking the van early since the number of passengers is limited.
2. Make your own arrangements:
For all other options for transportation to Vajra Vidya Retreat Center, please see the following information on the Center’s website: https://vajravidya.com/getting-here
Some participants prefer flying from Denver, CO or to Alamosa, CO and then drive to Vajra Vidya Retreat Center (one-hour drive). The Center often offers transportation from Alamosa to the Center for an additional price.
- If you prefer to pay a deposit of $250 instead of the full payment, please email us. The deposit is not refundable. The remaining payment will be due before or on April 1st, 2024.
- If canceled before April 1st, 2024, you will receive a full refund minus a $250 deposit.
- If canceled after April 1st, 2024, you will receive a 50% refund.
Early Bird Discount:
The current price of $2,250 will be available until January 1st, 2024; then, it will increase to $2,480. To take advantage of the Early Bird Discount, make a deposit or pay in full now.
Send us an email: email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you at this retreat!
Get Sasha’s latest breathing tips sent to your inbox.
Join over 10,000 Subscribers!