5-day Retreat to Improve Breathing and Health at Natural Hot Spring Spa at a High Mountain Valley
Dates for 2024: February 25 (arrival) - March 1 (departure) – 5 days, 5 nights
The retreat theme:
Deep relaxation is a foundation for optimal breathing and health.
Who is this retreat for?
This retreat is for people who want to improve their health by practicing the approach of K.P. Buteyko, MD-PhD.
This retreat will take place at Joyful Journey Hot Springs Spa & Retreat Center, located at San Luis Valley of Southern Colorado at 7700 feet elevation. It offers spectacular views of the 14,000-foot mountain peaks. For centuries, the Native Americans, the Spanish explorers, and early settlers traveled to this place (sometimes for months) to experience the unique healing qualities of the water. Native American elders and other spiritual masters consider this area as one of the most sacred and energetically active places in North America.
The Healing Waters:
The soothing waters of this area are known for their powers to awaken the hearts and uplift the spirits, as well as various therapeutic effects such as enhanced respiration, restored nervous system, increased metabolism, better blood circulation, increased energy, remedied insomnia and arthritis, and improved immunity.
Naturally heated by the earth’s active geothermal and hydrothermal activity, the mineral waters rise from secluded artesian springs between 120 and 140 degrees and are tempered down to 98-108 degrees to several soaking pools. The water is a sodium bicarbonate type with significant levels of boron, calcium, lithium, and magnesium, along with several other beneficial minerals. No chlorine or other chemicals are added, and there is no sulfur odor that is often present in other hot springs.
What to expect:
- Every element of this retreat is designed to help improve your breathing, vitality, and overall health.
- Prepare to experience deep relaxation as a foundation for your well-being.
- You will learn the Buteyko Breathing method or deepen your knowledge of Dr. Buteyko’s approach to natural health improvement.
- Retreat practices contain Buteyko breathing exercises, qigong, meditation, walks, and other vitality-boosting techniques. We will also spend quiet time in a lovely greenhouse or walking in a breathtaking labyrinth.
- The unlimited usage of hot springs is included. The participants will start and end every day by relaxing in natural hot springs while nourishing their lungs with pure mountain air and enjoying stunning mountain views.
- During this retreat, participants will experience profound stillness. We will spend at least half of most days in silence, creating a wholesome environment for transformation and insight.
- Many people have used Joyful Journey hot springs to heal and find peace from the stress of their daily lives. Expect the same and much more!
Three wholesome meals will be served daily. We will gladly accommodate your dietary restrictions.
The price on this page includes tuition and meals.
You will need to pay for a room separately (between $500 and $1,200 per person, depending on the amenities you choose). Beautiful rooms with private bathrooms and yurts (shared or private) are available.
After registering on this page (paying for the tuition), please email us to choose a room and make payment for it.
Your total payment for the retreat will comprise:
1. The tuition price (meals are included)
2. The room price.
Feel free to contact us with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Let us know if you want to discuss all the details in a telephone or Zoom conversation, and we will schedule it.
Directions to the location:
Joyful Journey Hot Springs Spa is 32 miles south of Salida and 50 miles north of Alamosa on scenic highway 17, which runs parallel to the Sangre de Cristo range. The Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve is 40 minutes from Joyful Journey and the spiritual mecca of Crestone is 30 minutes away. Joyful Journey is located in the San Luis Valley of south-central Colorado - on highway 17, one mile south of the Highway 285 junction.
Joyful Journey Hot Springs Spa
28640 CR 58 EE, Moffat, CO 81143
Options for transportation to and from the retreat location:
1. Travel by air and our van:
We suggest arriving to Alamosa, CO on Sunday, February 25th and leaving on Monday, March 1st by taking one of the following flights from Denver, CO to Alamosa, CO:
We will have a van available at Alamosa Airport (San Luis Valley Regional Airport) to assist in transportation to Joyful Journey Spa the morning and afternoon flights on February 25th.
It takes about an hour to drive from the airport to the retreat location.
The first session is scheduled at 7.15 pm that evening.
The participants also will be transported back to the airport in Alamosa Airport on the morning of March 1st, arriving there at 10 am.
Please plan your flights accordingly.
Our shared cost for renting the van will be $60 per person (round trip). Please email us at email@example.com if you plan on using our van or prefer to use your own transportation. We suggest booking the van early since the number of passengers can be limited.
2. Make your own arrangements:
Travel by car. Car rental is available in Denver, Colorado Springs, Salida, Alamosa.
Deposit option for the tuition:
If you prefer to pay a deposit of $250 instead of the full tuition payment, please email us. The deposit is not refundable. The remaining payment will be due before or on January 15th, 2024.
Early Bird Discount:
The current price of $1,345 will be available until December 15, 2024; then, it will increase to $1,700. To take advantage of the Early Bird Discount, make a deposit or pay in full now.
Cancellation policy for the tuition:
- If canceled before January 15th, 2024, you will receive a full refund minus a $250 deposit.
- If canceled after January 15th, 2024, you will receive a 50% refund.
Payment for the room and cancellation policies:
1. Private Rooms (one person or a couple):
A 50% deposit is due at the time of registration. The remaining 50% is due on January 15h.
Cancellation Policy: 72 hours prior to the check-in date to receive a full refund. After that, it is a 50% refund.
2. Shared rooms:
Payment in full is due at the time of registration.
Cancellation – 50% refund if canceled before January 15th; after January 15th, it’s not refundable.
With any questions send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you at this retreat!
Get Sasha’s latest breathing tips sent to your inbox.
Join over 10,000 Subscribers!